!! Workshop on the 8th of February has been postponed until a later date. Subscribe to the email newsletter for updates.
Next Workshop: Saturday 8th February 10am – 4pm
$150 per person Register early and pay $120 (limited spaces available)
Location: 47 Clarence Drive Helensvale, Gold Coast, Queensland 4212 (Clarence Drive Film & Sound Studios)
Also receive a 20% discount on recording, mixing & production with Banana Llama Studios when you attend*.
Are you in a band, a singer songwriter or solo artist? Do you write your own music? Do you record your own music or do you want to learn how to?
This workshop is for you.
This workshop will:
- Help you make better demo recordings.
- Get you prepared for your studio sessions so you don’t waste valuable time and spend money you don’t need to.
- Give you tools to produce and write better songs.
- Teach you about arranging to create emotion and climax in your songs as well as declutter and create space for the most important elements.
- Teach you how to better use recording equipment.
- Teach you simple tricks to take your demo mixes to the next level and demystify compressors, EQ and reverbs/delays
- Help you record and create a compelling and commanding vocals that take your tracks out of mediocrity.
- Give you valuable feedback on your songs.
About Luke Garfield – Music Producer & Songwriter
Luke Garfield has been writing, playing, recording and producing music for over 16 years. He’s played in bands and as a solo artist in Australia and the US (Nashville, TN) as well as working as a recording engineer and producer in both countries. His projects take in a wide variety of musical genres from alternative rock to musical theatre, folk and country music. He is also an accomplished songwriter, vocalist and guitarist who has toured extensively. He has a knack for taking complicated ideas/concepts and making them easy to understand and giving them useful practical applications. Listen to some of his songwriting, mixing and production.
Songwriting & Audio Workshop
9:45am – Arrival & introductions.
10:00am – Arranging & songwriting your music for better songs and recordings.
11:00am – Morning tea break – Supplied
11.20am – Basic, effective audio recording techniques for your demos.
12:20pm – Lunch B.Y.O
1:00pm – Basic mixing: compressors, EQ & reverb. + Vocal production: make or break vocals.
2:30pm – Question and answer session. + Feedback on attendee tracks.
Register For The Workshop
If you would like to register for this workshop please fill out the form below and we will contact you with payment details. You can also call 0424 579 416 to register or for more details.
*Some conditions apply: Discount applies for sessions from 2 hours up to 8 hours in length or pre-purchased sessions of 2 hours up to 8 hours (i.e. you can purchase up to 8 hours of recording time with a 20% discount).