Would you like to transform your songwriting? Do you want your demos to sound like finished songs?
These are the essential parts of writing music which sounds finished and professional. Generally if your songs aren’t sounding right it’s because one of these three elements are out of balance.
Having a fundamental understanding of how these parts lock together to make professional sounding songs is the key to transforming your songwriting and demoing.
Hi, I’m Luke, and I want to help you tranform your songwriting and demos. I am a songwriter but I’ve also worked extensively as a music producer (in both the traditional and modern sense).
After years of writing, working with other artists and recording countless songs I’d like to help you:
- Write better songs from the get go.
- Diagnose why parts of a song aren’t working.
- Understand the importance of arrangement in making professional demos and final tracks.
- Understanding how to manage the “energy” of a track through songwriting, arrangement and music production so it captures listeners attentions keeping them engaged and wanting more.
This course is not about songwriting-hacks and shortcuts, its about the fundamentals of songwriting, arrangement and production. You are given the tools to understand how to write in almost any genre and be able to produce a professional sounding song and demo.
Ready to transform your songwriting and make amazing sounding songs?
Due to COVID-19 workshops are not currently running. An online version of the workshop is being developed so if you would like to know when it’s available please sign up below:
$250 per person Register early and pay $180 (limited spaces available)
Receive a 10% discount on any mixing & mastering with Banana Llama Studios when you attend.
Who Are These Workshops Suitable For?
Are you in a band, a singer songwriter or solo artist? Do you write your own music? Do you record your own music or do you want to learn how to record better?
This workshop is for you.
This workshop will:
- Help you make better demo recordings.
- Get you prepared for your studio sessions so you don’t waste valuable time and spend money you don’t need to.
- Give you tools to produce and write better songs.
- Teach you about arranging to create the energy in your songs that will make them stand out as well as declutter and create space for the most important elements.
- Teach you how to better use recording equipment.
- Teach you simple tricks to take your demo mixes to the next level and demystify compressors, EQ and reverbs/delays.
- Help you record and create a compelling and commanding vocals that take your songs out of mediocrity.
- Give you valuable feedback on your songs.
About Luke Garfield – Music Producer & Songwriter
Luke Garfield has been writing, playing, recording and producing music for over 30 years.
He’s played in bands and as a solo artist in Australia and the US (Nashville, TN) as well as working as a recording engineer and producer in both countries.
His projects take in a wide variety of musical genres from alternative rock to musical theatre, folk and country music. He is also an accomplished songwriter, vocalist and guitarist who has toured extensively.
He has a knack for taking complicated ideas/concepts and making them easy to understand and giving them useful practical applications. Listen to some of his songwriting, mixing and production.
Songwriting & Music Production Workshop
9:00am – Arrival & introductions.
9:15am – Arranging & songwriting your music for better songs and recordings.
10:20am – Morning tea break – Supplied
10.30am – Basic, effective audio recording techniques for your demos.
12:20pm – Lunch B.Y.O
1:00pm – Basic mixing: compressors, EQ & reverb. + Vocal production: make or break vocals.
3:20pm – Quick coffee break.
3:30pm – Question and answer session. + Feedback on attendee tracks.
5:00pm – Workshop end.
Register For The Workshop
If you would like to register for this workshop please fill out the form below and we will contact you with payment details. You can also call 0424 579 416 to register or for more details.